The Solar Plexus Chakra is also known as the Manipura, which means “City of Jewels” in Sanskrit. This is the third of the main seven chakras in our body. The latter is located in the upper belly button and up to the breastbone. The Solar Plexus Chakra is Yellow and represents the Fire element. This Chakra provides a source of power and courage, as well as representing self-esteem. Moreover, the Manipura rules over one’s power and self-determination. Since the Plexus Chakra represents the Fire Element, it is the fire that ignites your inner power. Your Solar Plexus is the main resource to that shining light within, igniting your self-esteem, and strengthening your energy and confidence. This third powerful chakra elevates your motivation to make things happen with the help of your willpower. Besides, the Solar Plexus physically rules over your gut’s health and digestive system which operates the metabolism and digestion.
Solar Plexus: Balanced Chakra
You’re a powerful fighter, a confident fiery individual that is ready to go get it and make anything happen when the Solar Plexus is balanced. You’re guided to see your goals and purposes and create meaningful changes. You know your strength and you accept challenges as well as obstacles that are coming your way.
As previously mentioned, the Solar Plexus is located near your parts of your abdomen. Have you heard of the saying “follow your guts” when making a decision? That’s right, with a balanced Solar Plexus, you won’t have trouble making decisions! So “follow your guts” and make things happen!
Solar Plexus: Imbalanced Chakra
When your Solar Plexus chakra is blocked or out of balance, your energy is moving to the lower place which instinctively affects your ability in making a good decision, taking control over your life, and that leads to low self-esteem. Just as important to underactive chakra, overactive Solar Plexus Chakra can manifest into mental aggression, overly dominating and controlling, and even to physical pain.
Healing and Opening Solar Plexus Chakra
Aromatherapy can help rejuvenate and revive the new energy of the Solar Plexus Chakra. Natural healing remedies like Yoga poses, essential oils, and gemstones have the power to open and awaken our sense of power, confidence, and encouragement.
Yoga is a journey of healing your mind, body, and soul, and has been widely accepted and practiced for more than 5,000 years in India’s history. There are various styles of Yoga, meditation, and breathwork for healing and relaxation as examples. Practicing postures and breath works helps reduce tension and prevent an unbalanced Solar Plexus Chakra.
On the other hand, Yoga Sun Salutations helps you reconnect to mother nature and the fire element of the Sun. This will help you balance and align your energy not just physically but mentally and emotionally. Here are 2 poses that you can practice at home:
- Plank: Plank is a core strength exercise that helps improve your posture and revitalize your digestive system.
- Boat or Navasana: boosting your core and strengthening the abs in your willpower. This also helps stimulate digestion.
The practice of ritual pose and gesture is a powerful practice for energy flow and empowerment. Most Mudras are done with your hands and fingers:
Mushtika Mudra (Inner fire): This posture helps reduce stress, cultivate discipline, nurture health, and release self-worth and belief.
Surya Mudra: Surya means Sun in Sanskrit. Mudra means gesture/pose. Surya Mudra is like performing a gesture for the Sun. This gesture helps enrich the fire element in the body and mind, vitalizes personal power, and boosts self-love.
Essential oils are gifts from nature. It is often used in aromatherapy and as an alternative wellness practice. It is a plant extract that helps promote good health and well-being.
- Grapefruit Oil: Rejuvenates while being lighthearted. A good pick-me-up after a tiring day. Grapefruit oil essentially boosts your energy and refreshes your mood to help you get back on track and get things done.
- Lemon Oil: Vitalizing and refreshing. Uplifting and stimulating for the spirit, gives willpower while improving your focus.
- Juniper Oil: Energizing and restoring. It helps take action through clear thinking.
- Sandalwood Oil: Balancing and rejuvenating. This one helps boost your overall self-esteem.
- Fennel Oil: Earthy and Energizing. Helps promote confidence and courage.
Here is another precious gift from Earth. Gemstones are minerals made of crystal and zinc that have been cut and polished to make jewelry, or sometimes simply come in their natural form. Also, it is often used in Aromatherapy, Wellness, and Spiritual practices. Regardless of the chakra, you are focussing on, it helps to heal from issues and difficulties and also nourishes the riches of that chakra. Here are some of the most popular gemstones:
- Pyrite: Increases power and uplifts the spirit. This is a powerful gold protection stone that helps protect your emotional levels, negative energy, and vibration. Pyrite relates to the Solar Plexus Chakra healing. By using Pyrite Stone we can heal, activate, energize the Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Citrine: Helps you see clear goals and establish success. Citrine’s color is transparent-yellow to brownish. This type of quartz helps balance chemical imbalance in the body and cleanses the chakra, unlocked limited motivation, and elevates intuition.
- Tiger’s eye: Enhances willpower, boosts motivation, and can-do attitude. This beautiful gemstone is one of the most well-known for not only its beauty but also the power of protection against negativity. Also, it helps increase your confidence and see clearly without fear.